Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Google and Juliet

It's true. It shames me to say it. But I have this new integrity goal, so I must be honest. I have re-immersed myself in the wonderful world of Google. I couldn't stop myself. And I came back with a vengeance - Gmail, blogger, Picassa, iGoogle, Google Reader, Google Calendar, Google Notebook. And it only took me an hour! An hour to completely personalize myself into Google template of life. I cannot believe myself.

  
Me (obviously) in the famous
 "Wherefore art thou Romeo?" Courtyard

On a brighter note, I love the new blogging template options! Way to go, guys! The background picture I chose is one I took at Juliet's House in Verona, Italy this summer (like the movie, I know, but it really was awesome). There's an archway leading into the courtyard, and the walls of the archway are covered with little scraps of every imaginable type of paper. Receipts, business cards, note paper, post cards, hearts, stickers, menus . . . and they're stuck to the wall with everything from band aids to chewing gum to bobby pins. Languages from across the world are scrawled in thousands of different handwriting samples. It was one of the most glorious, ridiculous, touching, amusing, and hopeful things I've ever seen. I giant love collage. Here are just a few of my favorites:


 
O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

 

  
 
This one is perhaps the saddest, and maybe therefore my favorite.

I ADORED this place. I even left my own letter:

What is it with me and braids?
Who do I think I am, Heidi?

I won't tell you what I wrote, but I will tell you this - it definitely came true . . .


1 comment:

  1. I love iGoogle, it is basically my hero. And the new Blogger templates ROCK. I am loving the purdy-ness.

    Toby keeps asking to see you. We should do lunch or a London Market excursion soon :)

    ReplyDelete