Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Something to Talk About

So there are a few things I'm really excited about today, and I thought I'd share:

1) Doc Watson. He's a new Pandora discovery - blues/folk/country guitar and vocals that blow my mind. I've created a new station for him and I'm sure the rest of the office thinks I'm nuts since I've always claimed to hate country, but when I say I hate country, I mean Taylor Swift/Reba/Garth Brooks country, not Johhny Cash/Earl Scruggs/Norman Blake country, which is totally awesome.

Here's a good example of what I mean (and yes, I'm aware how very few of my friends/readers are likely to enjoy this):



2) http://www.theselby.com/ I came across this website on Gwyneth Paltrow's blog a while ago, and I recently rediscovered how great it is. Mr. Todd Selby is a photographer and his blog contains, among other things, photo shoots of the homes of artists. I'm a bit in love with the post "jamie isaia - photographer, and anthony malat - clothing designer at their home". It's like a mixture of Goethe's Weimar home and Anthropologie, which is a sort of weird mixture, but turns out weird mixtures are fantastic.

3) A great pair of boots I saw in this month's Real Simple that I will probably end up buying since I really need a pair of black boots:

Thanks for that, Real Simple.

4) Edamame. I just can't get enough of it. Especially since Costco sells giant frozen bags of it that just require microwaving.

5) Last and most importantly: Urban Exploration Expeditions! I've got a big one planned for next week, which will be fully documented and receive its own post. It's based on Geneva Road, and will include various taverns, industrial art, and the Harley Davidson cafe. Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment